Rules and Eligibility
Savings offers provided through the Breathe Easier Program are subject to eligibility. Only people receiving their first prescription for ADVAIR® are eligible for a free trial offer. Current users of ADVAIR are eligible to receive a coupon for their next prescription of ADVAIR.
To be eligible for the free trial offer:
To be eligible for a coupon:
You must be receiving your first prescription of ADVAIR. You may use this offer only for free product. That is, in order to be eligible for this offer, the Free Trial Offer must be accompanied by a valid, signed prescription for ADVAIR DISKUS. Further, you are NOT eligible for this offer if either: (a) this prescription will be submitted for reimbursement under any federal healthcare program, including Medicaid, Medicare (Part D or otherwise), or any similar federal or state programs, including any state pharmaceutical assistance program, or under any private insurance, HMO, or other third-party payment arrangement, or (b) any part of this prescription will be submitted to count toward your out-of-pocket cost under your prescription drug plan, such as the “True Out-Of-Pocket (TrOOP)” expenses under Medicare Part D. Only an original Free Trial Offer will be accepted and must be presented to your pharmacist at the time you have your prescription filled — not valid if reproduced. Offer good only in USA. Not transferable. Void where prohibited by law, taxed or restricted. No purchase required. May not be used with any other discount, coupon or other offer. GlaxoSmithKline reserves the right to rescind, revoke, or amend this offer without notice. Not valid for residents of Puerto Rico. Limit 1 per person per lifetime. Offer not transferable.
In addition to fulfilling the eligibility requirements below, this coupon is valid only for your actual out-of-pocket costs relating to this prescription up to the dollar amount stated on the coupon. In order to be eligible for this offer: (a) you MUST be responsible for the cost, or a portion of the cost, of this prescription yourself, (b) your prescription MUST NOT be covered and/or reimbursed by a federal healthcare program, including Medicare or Medicaid, or by any similar federal or state program, including a state pharmaceutical assistance program, and (c) you MUST NOT be Medicare eligible and enrolled in an employer-sponsored health plan/prescription drug benefit program for retirees (i.e., you are eligible for Medicare Part D but receive a prescription drug benefit through a former employer). Further, if you are a resident of Massachusetts or Puerto Rico, this offer is valid only if you are paying the entire cost of the prescription yourself (i.e., your insurance does not cover any of the cost of your prescription). Your acceptance of this offer must be consistent with the terms of any drug benefit provided by your health insurer, health plan, or private third-party payer, and you agree to report acceptance of this offer to your health insurer, health plan, or third-party payer as may be required. This offer may not be used with any other discount, coupon, or offer. This program does not support mail-order pharmacy processing. Only an original coupon will be accepted and must be presented to your pharmacist at the time you have the prescription filled — not valid if reproduced. Offer good only in USA. Not transferable. Void where prohibited by law, taxed, or restricted. Limit 1 per purchase. GlaxoSmithKline reserves the right to rescind, revoke, or amend this coupon without notice.
Important Safety Information for ADVAIR DISKUS® 250/50 (fluticasone propionate 250 mcg and salmeterol 50 mcg inhalation powder)
- People with asthma who take long-acting beta2-adrenergic agonist (LABA) medicines, such as salmeterol (one of the medicines in ADVAIR DISKUS), have an increased risk of death from asthma problems. It is not known whether fluticasone propionate, the other medicine in ADVAIR DISKUS, reduces the risk of death from asthma problems seen with salmeterol.
- Call your healthcare provider if breathing problems worsen over time while using ADVAIR DISKUS. You may need different treatment.
- Get emergency medical care if:
- breathing problems worsen quickly and
- you use your rescue inhaler medicine, but it does not relieve your breathing problems.
- Do not use ADVAIR DISKUS to treat sudden, severe symptoms of asthma or COPD. Always have a rescue inhaler medicine with you to treat sudden symptoms.
- Do not use ADVAIR DISKUS if you have a severe allergy to milk proteins. Ask your doctor if you are not sure.
- Do not use ADVAIR DISKUS more often than prescribed. Do not take ADVAIR DISKUS with other medicines that contain long-acting beta2-agonists for any reason. Tell your doctor about medicines you take and about all of your medical conditions.
- ADVAIR DISKUS can cause serious side effects, including:
- serious allergic reactions. Call your healthcare provider or get emergency medical care if you get any of the following symptoms of a serious allergic reaction:
- swelling of the face, mouth, and tongue
- breathing problems
- sudden breathing problems immediately after inhaling your medicine
- effects on heart
- increased blood pressure
- a fast and irregular heartbeat
- chest pain
- effects on nervous system
- reduced adrenal function (may result in loss of energy)
- changes in blood (sugar, potassium, certain types of white blood cells)
- weakened immune system and a higher chance of infections. You should avoid exposure to chickenpox and measles, and, if exposed, consult your healthcare provider without delay. Worsening of existing tuberculosis, fungal, bacterial, viral, or parasitic infections, or ocular herpes simplex may occur.
- lower bone mineral density. This may be a problem for people who already have a higher chance of low bone density (osteoporosis).
- eye problems including glaucoma and cataracts. You should have regular eye exams while using ADVAIR DISKUS.
- pneumonia. People with COPD have a higher chance of getting pneumonia. ADVAIR DISKUS may increase the chance of getting pneumonia. Call your doctor if you notice any of the following symptoms:
- increase in mucus (sputum) production
- change in mucus color
- increased cough
- increased breathing problems
- Common side effects of ADVAIR DISKUS 250/50 for COPD include:
- thrush in the mouth and throat
- throat irritation
- hoarseness and voice changes
- viral respiratory infections
- muscle and bone pain
- After each dose, rinse your mouth with water and spit the water out. Do not swallow.
Complete Prescribing Information, including Boxed Warning
and Medication Guide, for ADVAIR DISKUS